Bresaola is a cooking ingredient unique to Italian cuisine, and being made especially in the region of Lombardy, Bresaola is obtained by rubbing the veal with a salty and spicy mixture and then drying it.
For making bresaola, first of all, the highest quality pieces of beef are selected and rubbed with salt, garlic, bay leaf, thyme and other spices. Then let it rest for a few days so that this mixture is well fed into the meat. Feeding the mixture well into the meat is very important for the flavor of bresaola.
After the resting period, the veal has a harder structure with the effects of salt and spices on the meat. The meat is then hung and dried. The drying process takes about 2-3 months, and this time should be at least this long for the bresaola to be fully flavored.
Bresaola is served in thin slices and is often served alongside cold dishes such as salads or antipasto plates. Cutting it into thin slices makes the flavor of bresaola feel better.
Bresaola is a dish prepared with olive oil, Arugula Salad and parmesan cheese, it is often served at the beginning of many menus as an antipasto dish typical of Italian cuisine. By following the following recipe, you can make a delicious antipasto dish prepared with bresaola, olive oil and parmesan cheese:
- 100 grams of bresaola (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil (about 15 grams)
- 50 grams of parmesan cheese (thinly sliced or grated)
- Fresh arugula or fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Place the thinly sliced bresaola slices on the serving plate.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the slices of bresaola.
- Place the Parmesan cheese in thin slices on a serving plate.
- If you wish, decorate it with fresh arugula or basil leaves.
- Serve your antipasto dish cold.
Bon appetit Erhan
Approximate Nutritional value for this recipe is as follows (an example calculation may be deviations in the values)
|Nutritional Value||100 gr||One Serving (150-200 gr)|
|Calorie||148 kcal||296-395 kcal|
|Protein||21 g||42 to 56 g|
|Oil||6 g||12-16 g|
|Carbohydrate||1 g||2-3 g|
|Fibre||0 g||0 g|
|Sugar||0 g||0 g|
|Sodium||65 mg||130-175 mg|