Vitello tonnato is a dish that originated in the northwest of Italy, especially in the Piemonte region. The Piemonte region is an important region for Italian cuisine, and the region’s dishes have spread to other parts of Italy as well. Although the origins of the vitello tonnato are not exactly known, it is usually from the 19th century. century in Piemonte, and over time it also became popular in other parts of Italy.
vitello tonnato is a dish from Italian cuisine that is prepared using cooked beef and tuna sauce. It is usually served cold in summer and can be found in many Italian restaurants.
Here are the ingredients and steps you need to make vitello tonnato:
- 1 kg of beef (sliced)
- 1 large onion (cut into quarters)
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cloves of garlic (battered)
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
For Tuna Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons salted capers (drained juice) (20 g)
- 1 large can of canned tuna (160 g)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (45 g)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (30 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard (15 g)
- Salt and pepper
- In a saucepan put the veal, onion, bay leaves, garlic, salt and pepper. Add enough water to cover and cook over medium heat for 1 hour.
- Once the meat is cooked, remove the saucepan from the heat and remove the meat from the broth. Wait for the meat to cool.
- To make the tuna sauce, strain the tuna and stir it together with the capers in the blender until you get a smooth consistency.
- Add mayonnaise, lemon juice and mustard to the mixture and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Slice the cooled beef and place it on a serving plate.
- Pour the tuna sauce over the meat and refrigerate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Serve by adding chopped parsley leaves over the sliced meat.
Bon Appetit Erhan Arda
Approximate Nutritional value for this recipe is as follows (an example calculation may be deviations in the values)
|Nutritional Value||100 gr||One Serving (150-200 gr)|
|Calorie||148 kcal||296-395 kcal|
|Protein||21 g||42 to 56 g|
|Oil||6 g||12-16 g|
|Carbohydrate||1 g||2-3 g|
|Fibre||0 g||0 g|
|Sugar||0 g||0 g|
|Sodium||65 mg||130-175 mg|